I feel that everything I’ve done in life has led me to opening my own placement agency matching executive nannies with families in the Vancouver area. I have always been involved in childcare—from being an avid babysitter to mentoring through Big Brothers Big Sisters, from serving as a personal assistant to actors on location with their children to amassing extensive first-hand experience as an executive nanny. Along the way, I took courses in child and adolescent development and learned even more from my daily experiences with families.
But what really drove me to open Danielle’s Placement Agency is my talent for matchmaking—in this case, matching the ideal nanny with just the right family! My goal is to build happy, long-term relationships. I want to foster the kind of bond between family and nanny that I myself enjoyed.
MUST HAVE Following Qualifications
- Clean driver’s abstract (must provide to agency)
- Criminal background check (must provide to agency)
- Childcare-related resume
- 2 written references from childcare employers
- “Dear family” letter (with a photo)
- Interests outside of work
- “Perfect day” off work (quick blurb)
- “Perfect day” with the kids
Danielle’s Placement Standards & Care
CHILD CARE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and care for children
- Babysit during evenings as required
- Help children with homework
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals for children
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Tend to emotional well-being of children
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Take children to and from school and to appointments, play dates, grandparents’ house, etc.
- In general, provide balance, structure, routine, respect, and consistency
Types of Bookings
1. Long-Term Employment
Long-term employment is full-time or part-time, live-in or live-out employment of 12 weeks (3 months) or longer.
2. Short-Term Employment
Short-term employment is full-time or part-time, live-in or live-out employment of less than 12 weeks (3 months).
3. On-Call Work
This is limited employment to fill a need. For example, a family visiting the Vancouver area may need a nanny once or twice, or a local family may need a stand-in for a vacationing nanny.
How to Apply
First, read through our selection criteria. If you think you are a good fit for Danielle’s Placement Agency, then fill in the following application form online. Your information will be confidential.
Danielle took the time to get to know me, and to understand what I was looking for so she could match me to the right family. Her work paid off; the position she placed me in is wonderful! The family is amazing – they share my values and are a lot of fun to work for. Their schedule also meets my need for flexible working hours. I couldn’t have asked for a better fit with a family, and I highly recommend Danielle’s Placement Agency to anyone else looking for a great nanny position!